Mesa 7.2 Release Notes / 20 September 2008
Mesa 7.2 is a stable release fixing bugs found in 7.1, which was a new development release.
Mesa 7.2 implements the OpenGL 2.1 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 2.1.
Note that this version of Mesa does not use the GEM memory manager. The master branch of git uses GEM. The prototype DRI2 code that was in 7.1 has also been removed.
DRM version 2.3.1 should be used with Mesa 7.2
81a2a4b7cbfce7553f7ad8d924edbe2f MesaLib-7.2.tar.gz 04d379292e023df0b0266825cb0dbde5 MesaLib-7.2.tar.bz2 8bc497a37977a55e987a4d1fabc3d882 MesaLib-7.2.zip 10c762e39486df395838af1d7b57e69c MesaDemos-7.2.tar.gz 22e03dc4038cd63f32c21eb60994892b MesaDemos-7.2.tar.bz2 1197bc4eb3bf44e291c14d4eb2e19381 MesaDemos-7.2.zip 42e3c6c6d156cd9dc545dbef72407354 MesaGLUT-7.2.tar.gz f67daf93e12c4a459703bbf3e4004e31 MesaGLUT-7.2.tar.bz2 0390567eb2c2d12fbf82e8523fd77e2b MesaGLUT-7.2.zip
- i965 driver: added support for G41 chipset (Intel)
- Fixed display list bug involving primitives split across lists (bug 17564)
- Fixed some issues with glBindAttribLocation()
- Fixed crash in _tnl_InvalidateState() found with Amira (bug 15834)
- Assorted bug fixes for Ming build
- Fixed some vertex/pixel buffer object reference counting bugs
- Fixed depth/stencil bug in i915/945 driver
- Fixed some shader flow control bugs in i965 driver
- Fixed a few tdfx driver bugs which prevented driver from working
- Fixed multisample enable/disable bug
- Updated SGI header files with new license terms.
To Do (someday) items
- Remove the MEMCPY() and _mesa_memcpy() wrappers and just use memcpy(). Probably do the same for malloc, calloc, etc. The wrappers were useful in the past for memory debugging but now we have valgrind. Not worried about SunOS 4 support anymore either...
- Switch to freeglut
- Fix linux-glide target/driver.
- Improved lambda and derivative calculation for frag progs.
Driver Status ---------------------- ---------------------- DRI drivers varies with the driver XMesa/GLX (on Xlib) implements OpenGL 2.1 OSMesa (off-screen) implements OpenGL 2.1 Windows/Win32 implements OpenGL 2.1 Glide (3dfx Voodoo1/2) implements OpenGL 1.3 SVGA unsupported Wind River UGL unsupported DJGPP unsupported GGI unsupported BeOS unsupported Allegro unsupported D3D unsupported