Mesa 17.2.0 Release Notes / TBD
Mesa 17.2.0 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 17.2.1.
Mesa 17.2.0 implements the OpenGL 4.5 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 4.5. OpenGL 4.5 is only available if requested at context creation because compatibility contexts are not supported.
Note: some of the new features are only available with certain drivers.
- GL_ARB_bindless_texture on radeonsi
- GL_ARB_post_depth_coverage on nvc0 (GM200+)
- GL_ARB_shader_ballot on i965/gen8+
- GL_ARB_shader_group_vote on i965 (with a no-op vec4 implementation)
- GL_ARB_shader_viewport_layer_array on nvc0 (GM200+)
- GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer on nvc0 (GM200+)
- GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index on nvc0 (GM200+)
- GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object support removed.