Mesa 6.5.1 Release Notes / September 15, 2006
Mesa 6.5.1 is a 6.5 follow-on development release mostly consisting of bug fixes.
d9a555297319bb932a3192952d53d073 MesaLib-6.5.1.tar.gz c46f2c6646a270911b791dd8e1c2d977 MesaLib-6.5.1.tar.bz2 939eaaff33322bfeafac784402b45f4f MesaLib-6.5.1.zip 9e4bbe83c007bfbaa67449a81cc3d36a MesaDemos-6.5.1.tar.gz 0f2794baf7a9d98b22caea9f78c6942d MesaDemos-6.5.1.tar.bz2 14c77eab9cc7a265c331abf239927c1c MesaDemos-6.5.1.zip c5f87c23aaf4eaf1bda0d007ea98366c MesaGLUT-6.5.1.tar.gz 2525642fe7f454e3e1a1aad01359b406 MesaGLUT-6.5.1.tar.bz2 e33b165c22551e23b58ede8767378543 MesaGLUT-6.5.1.zip
- Intel i965 "broadwater" DRI driver
- GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object - allows encapsulation of a set of vertex arrays in an object.
- GL_EXT_texture_sRGB - non-linearly mapped texture formats
- GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters - addes a few new functions for setting multiple vertex/fragment program parameters with one call.
- "engine" demo
- updated fbdev driver and GLUT for fbdev (Sean D'Epagnier)
- many updates to the DRI drivers
- The glVertexAttribARB functions no longer alias the conventional vertex attributes.
- glxinfo program prints more info with -l option
- GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_NV and GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB are now compatible, in terms of glBindProgramARB()
- The GL_ARB_vertex_program attribute
vertex.weightis now accepted by the parser, even though the GL_ARB_vertex_blend and GL_EXT_vertex_weighting extensions aren't supported. Allows Warcraft to run.
- fixed broken texture border handling for depth textures (bug 6498)
- removed the test for duplicated framebuffer attachments, per version 117 of the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object specification
- fixed a few render-to-texture bugs, including render to depth texture
- clipping of lines against user-defined clip planes was broken (6512)
- assembly language dispatch for SPARC was broken (bug 6484)
- assorted compilation fixes on various Unix platforms (Dan Schikore)
- glPopAttrib could restore an invalid value for GL_DRAW_BUFFER
- assorted minor fixes for 16 and 32 bit/channel modes
- fixed assorted bugs in texture compression paths
- fixed indirect rendering vertex array crashes (bug 6863)
- glDrawPixels GL_INDEX_OFFSET didn't always work
- fixed convolution memory leak (bug 7077)
- rectangular depth textures didn't work
- invalid mode to glBegin didn't generate an error (bug 7142)
- 'normalized' parameter to glVertexAttribPointerARB didn't work
- disable bogus GLX_SGI_video_sync extension in xlib driver
- fixed R128 driver locking bug (Martijn van Oosterhout)
- using evaluators with vertex programs caused crashes (bug 7564)
- fragment.position wasn't set correctly for point/line primitives
- fixed parser bug for scalar sources for GL_NV_fragment_program
- max fragment program length was incorrectly 128, now 1024
- writes to result.depth in fragment programs weren't clamped to [0,1]
- fixed potential dangling pointer bug in glBindProgram()
- fixed some memory leaks (and potential crashes) in Xlib driver
- fixed a number of build issues on HP-UX (Christopher Bell)
- accum buffer didn't work with OSMesa interface
Internal code changes
A number of Mesa program-related structs were renamed. For example struct vertex_program is now struct gl_vertex_program. All the effected drivers have been updated.
Ian Romanick updated the GL API dispatch code in a number of ways. First, many old/unused extensions were removed. Second, the static entrypoints for some extensions were removed. This means GL function pointers will have to be used more often (e.g. use glXGetProcAddressARB()).
To Do (someday) items
- Switch to freeglut
- Increase MAX_DRAWBUFFERS
- Fix linux-glide target/driver.
- Fix lambda calculation for frag progs.
Driver Status ---------------------- ---------------------- DRI drivers varies with the driver XMesa/GLX (on Xlib) implements OpenGL 1.5 OSMesa (off-screen) implements OpenGL 1.5 Glide (3dfx Voodoo1/2) implements OpenGL 1.3 SVGA implements OpenGL 1.3 Wind River UGL implements OpenGL 1.3 Windows/Win32 implements OpenGL 1.5 DJGPP implements OpenGL 1.5 GGI implements OpenGL 1.3 BeOS implements OpenGL 1.5 Allegro needs updating D3D needs updating