Mesa 9.1 Release Notes / February 22, 2013
Mesa 9.1 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 9.1.1.
Mesa 9.1 implements the OpenGL 3.1 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 3.1. OpenGL 3.1 is only available if requested at context creation because GL_ARB_compatibility is not supported.
86d40f3056f89949368764bf84aff55e MesaLib-9.1.tar.gz d3891e02215422e120271d976ff1947e MesaLib-9.1.tar.bz2 01645f28f53351c23b0beb6c688911d8 MesaLib-9.1.zip
Note: some of the new features are only available with certain drivers.
- OpenGL 3.1 core profile support on Radeon HD2000 up to HD6000 series
- Multisample anti-aliasing support on Radeon X1000 series
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support on Intel HD Graphics 2000, 2500, 3000, and 4000
TBD -- This list is likely incomplete.
- Removed VAAPI state tracker (unmaintained and broken)
- Removed i965's broken hardware implementation of GL_NV_vertex_program
- Removed swrast support for GL_NV_vertex_program
- Removed swrast support for GL_NV_fragment_program
- Removed OpenVMS support (unmaintained and broken)
- Removed makedepend build dependency