Mesa 10.1 Release Notes / March 4, 2014
Mesa 10.1 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 10.1.1.
Mesa 10.1 implements the OpenGL 3.3 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 3.3. OpenGL 3.3 is only available if requested at context creation because compatibility contexts are not supported.
3ec43f79dbcd9aa2a4a27bf1f51655b6 MesaLib-10.1.0.tar.bz2 08e796ec7122aa299d32d4f67a254315 MesaLib-10.1.0.tar.gz bd365356543f4b38e57c1ddf7a317c40 MesaLib-10.1.0.zip
Note: some of the new features are only available with certain drivers.
- GL_ARB_draw_indirect on i965.
- GL_ARB_viewport_array on i965.
- GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment on all drivers that did not previously support it.
- GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit on r200 and radeon.
- Reduced memory usage for display lists.
- OpenGL 3.3 support on nv50, nvc0, r600 and radeonsi
- Removed support for the GL_MESA_texture_array extension. This extension enabled the use of texture array with fixed-function and assembly fragment shaders. No applications are known to use this extension.