Mesa 10.2 Release Notes / June 6, 2014
Mesa 10.2 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 10.2.1.
Mesa 10.2 implements the OpenGL 3.3 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 3.3. OpenGL 3.3 is only available if requested at context creation because compatibility contexts are not supported.
c87bfb6dd5cbcf1fdef42e5ccd972581 MesaLib-10.2.0.tar.gz 7aaba90bd7169a94ae2fe83febdec963 MesaLib-10.2.0.tar.bz2 58b203aca15dadc25ab4d1126db1052b MesaLib-10.2.0.zip
Note: some of the new features are only available with certain drivers.
- GL_ARB_buffer_storage on i965, nv30, nv50, nvc0, r300, r600, and radeonsi
- GL_ARB_multi_bind on all drivers
- GL_ARB_sample_shading on nv50 (GT21x only), nvc0
- GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects (desktop OpenGL) and GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects (OpenGL ES 2.0 and 3.0) on all drivers
- GL_ARB_stencil_texturing on i965/gen8+
- GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array on nv50 (GT21x only)
- GL_ARB_texture_gather on nv50 (GT21x only), nvc0
- GL_ARB_texture_query_lod on nv50 (GT21x only), nvc0
- GL_ARB_texture_view on i965/gen7
- GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev on nv50, nvc0, radeonsi
- GL_ARB_viewport_array on nv50, r600
- GL_INTEL_performance_query on i965/gen5+
- Renamed --with-llvm-shared-libs to --enable-llvm-shared-libs
- Split libxatracker.so into a standalone library which can be used with any gallium driver.
- The environment variable GALLIUM_MSAA that forced a multisample GLX visual was removed.
The option is used to control how mesa is linked against LLVM, and now defaults to enabled (shared linking).
Previously the library was linked statically against vmware's virtual gpu driver(svga), whereas now it loads a shared pipe_*.so driver. Provide the following options during configure, if you would like support for svga driver --enable-xa --with-gallium-drivers=svga
Note: The files are installed in $(libdir)/gallium-pipe/ and the interface between them and libxatracker.so is not stable.